Pro Music Therapy is a private practice and online resource for individuals, couples, and families.
To support individuals, couples, and families in joyfully living the truth of who they are through evidence-based treatment and education.
Katherine Lantigua, M.M., MT-BC, NICU-MT
Katherine is a master’s level, board-certified music therapist specializing in neonatal intensive care unit music therapy from the National Institute for Infant and Child Medical Music Therapy. Her experience involves facilitating music therapy treatment within early intervention, school, home, clinical, and medical settings with pregnant and postpartum women, premature infants, children, and adolescents who have developmental disabilities, complex medical needs, mental health health needs, or hearing loss. Katherine continues to write and present regularly on music therapy and topics related to pregnancy and postpartum.
Lantigua, K. (2019). Developing a music-based selective attention training program for toddlers with developmental disabilities. Music Therapy Perspectives, 38(1), 61-68. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/mtp/miz012
Lantigua, K. (2018). Music is fun! Imagine Magazine, 9(1), 96. Retrieved from https://issuu.com/ecmt_imagine/docs/imagine_9_1__201
- “Using Music to Promote Maternal-Child Health during Pregnancy and Postpartum” (Webinar 2020, Respect Life Pregnancy Help Centers; Archdiocese of Miami)
- “El Uso de la Música para Promover Salud Materno-Infantil durante el Embarazo y Postparto.” (Presentación Virtual 2020, Respect Life Pregnancy Help Centers; Archdiocese of Miami)
- “The Effect of Music Listening and Skin-to-Skin on Oxygen Requirements of Extremely Preterm and Very Preterm Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: A Pilot Study Proposal” (Research Poster, SER-AMTA Conference, 2020)
- “La Musicoterapia para Mejorar La Salud Mental” (Taller de Salud Mental, 2020, Miami Beach)
- “Auditory Stimulation for Premature Infants <32 Weeks Gestational Age” (Critical Care Conference 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Music Therapy in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” (Neonatal Prep Class, 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Music Therapy at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital” (New Employee Orientation, 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Complementarity with Medical Music Therapy” (Rehabilitation Therapy In-Service 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Auditory Perception Training with Pediatric Cochlear Implant Recipients” (Florida Association of Speech Language-Pathologists and Audiologist (FLASHA) Convention, 2018; Debbie School In-Service; Graduate Music Therapy Forum- University of Miami)
- “The Development of a Music-Based Selective Attention Training Program to Improve Selective Attention in Toddlers with Developmental Disabilities” (Master’s Project Defense- University of Miami, 2018)
- “Music Therapy and the Preschool Classroom” (South Florida Christian Education Conference, 2017)
- “Strength-based Approach to Music Therapy” (Music therapy forum-University of Miami, 2017)
- “Ukulele Kids Club and Music Therapy” (Music therapy forum- University of Miami, 2017)
- “Music Therapy in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” (1st year resident orientation-Broward Health, 2015)
- “Palliative Care and Music Therapy” (palliative care series- Broward Health, 2015)
- “What is Music Therapy?” (Career Day-Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School; Career Day- Sunset Elementary School; Career Day- Somerset Academy Gables, 2016-2020)