Pro Music Therapy is a music therapy private practice and an online resource for individuals and families.
To support individuals and families in joyfully living the truth of who they are through evidence-based music therapy treatment and education.
Music therapy is recognized as an evidence-based treatment modality for premature infants, children, adults, and families. According to the American Music Therapy Association, music therapy is the evidence-based use of music interventions to accomplish individualized goals within a therapeutic relationship by a credentialed professional who has completed an approved program.
The use of music therapy to promote neurodevelopment, motor rehabilitation, and mental and emotional health is supported by research published in multiple peer-reviewed journals, including the American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing, Pediatrics, Arts in Psychotherapy, Neonatal Network, Journal of Pediatric Nursing, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, Psychology of Music, and Journal of Music Therapy.
The music therapy treatment process includes:
- Establishment of goals and objectives
- Treatment plan development
- Music Therapy treatment
- Ongoing documentation
Each music therapy session will consist of structured therapeutic music experiences designed to target your objectives and accomplish these individualized goals.
To schedule your initial assessment, please follow the link http://promusictherapy.com/make-an-appointment/
For questions, email board-certified music therapist Katherine Lantigua, M.M., MT-BC, NICU-MT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Katherine Lantigua, M.M., MT-BC, NICU-MT
Katherine is a master’s level, board-certified music therapist specializing in neonatal intensive care unit music therapy from the National Institute for Infant and Child Medical Music Therapy. Her experience involves facilitating music therapy treatment within early intervention, school, home, and medical settings with premature infants, children, and adolescents who have developmental disabilities, complex medical needs, mental health health needs, or hearing loss.
In addition to directing Pro Music Therapy, Katherine serves the local crisis pregnancy center, presents regularly on music therapy, and contributes to the scholarly literature to further the field of music therapy.
Lantigua, K. (2019). Developing a music-based selective attention training program for toddlers with developmental disabilities. Music Therapy Perspectives, 38(1), 61-68. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/mtp/miz012
Lantigua, K. (2018). Music is fun! Imagine Magazine, 9(1), 96. Retrieved from https://issuu.com/ecmt_imagine/docs/imagine_9_1__201
- “The Effect of Music Listening and Skin-to-Skin on Oxygen Requirements of Extremely Preterm and Very Preterm Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: A Pilot Study Proposal” (Research Poster, SER-AMTA Conference, 2020)
- “La Musicoterapia para Mejorar La Salud Mental” (Taller de Salud Mental, 2020, Miami Beach)
- “Auditory Stimulation for Premature Infants <32 Weeks Gestational Age” (Critical Care Conference 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Music Therapy in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” (Neonatal Prep Class, 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Music Therapy at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital” (New Employee Orientation, 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Complementarity with Medical Music Therapy” (Rehabilitation Therapy In-Service 2019; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital)
- “Auditory Perception Training with Pediatric Cochlear Implant Recipients” (Florida Association of Speech Language-Pathologists and Audiologist (FLASHA) Convention, 2018; Debbie School In-Service; Graduate Music Therapy Forum- University of Miami)
- “The Development of a Music-Based Selective Attention Training Program to Improve Selective Attention in Toddlers with Developmental Disabilities” (Master’s Project Defense- University of Miami, 2018)
- “Music Therapy and the Preschool Classroom” (South Florida Christian Education Conference, 2017)
- “Strength-based Approach to Music Therapy” (Music therapy forum-University of Miami, 2017)
- “Ukulele Kids Club and Music Therapy” (Music therapy forum- University of Miami, 2017)
- “Music Therapy in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” (1st year resident orientation-Broward Health, 2015)
- “Palliative Care and Music Therapy” (palliative care series- Broward Health, 2015)
- “What is Music Therapy?” (Career Day-Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School; Career Day- Sunset Elementary School; Career Day- Somerset Academy Gables, 2016-2020)