The books listed here have been mentioned in previous blog posts. Enjoy!
- Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks, M.D.
- Music Therapy and Premature Infants by Jayne M. Standley, Ph.D., MT-BC
- The Child as Musician: A Handbook of Musical Development edited by Gary McPherson
- The New Music Therapist’s Handbook by Suzanne B. Hanser, M.M., MT-BC
- Developmental Speech-Language Training Through Music for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders by Hayoung A. Lim, Ph.D., MT-BC
- Handbook of Neurologic Music Therapy edited by Michael H. Thaut, Ph.D. and Volker Hoemberg, M.D.
- Music Therapy in the Treatment of Adults with Mental Disorders: Theoretical Bases and Clinical Interventions edited by Robert F. Unkefer and Michael H. Thaut, Ph.D.